The Fearless Reloaded conference was an awesome and engaging experience. The 3-day conference consisted of a series of panels and networking opportunities. The conference presented many opportunities to engage with Black-Women owned businesses.
Day 1 – Cocktail Reception
- The cocktail reception was an awesome kick-off to the conference to engage with panelist and business owners in a relaxed setting.
Day 2 – Fearless Conference – This was a fulfilling 12-hour day!
Personal Note: What an awesome way to wake up on a Saturday. Excellent view (conference held on 27th floor), bomb music (DJ was poppin), and being in a room filled with #BlackGirlMagic!
Keynote Speaker – Pat Smith (Author/Actress)
- Theme: Second Chances & Transparency
- For many years, Pat felt like she had to fake her brokenness and hide her imperfections to be accepted and respected.
- Use your setbacks, rejections, and down falls as opportunities to re-direct your journey.
- Losing in the Miss USA pageant altered her perspective and she saw 1st runner up as a failure. She tried to find things to fill the void she developed from losing.
- She was hurting on the inside, and felt like she had to fake it to make it.
- Use your test as a testimony and sharing how you encountered and overcame adversity.
- In order to be fearless, you have to be transparent.
- “When you’re broken, God can use you.” – Pat
- Jealousy: She found herself being jealous of her husband for continuing to pursue his interest after football.
- She had to check herself, and realized she felt this way because she was not walking in her purpose.
- We can admire, but shouldn’t be envious. When you walk in your own purpose, you can genuinely clap for others success.
- “If he’s called you for it, he’ll make provisions for it.” Pat
Finance – (Nicole Collette, Dominique Broadway, Erika Blair, Ngum Sue)
- Theme: How to build wealth and financially invest for the present and future
- Investment Portfolio should consist of stock, crypto-currency, and real-estate.
- Look at what products you use on a regular basis and look for investment opportunities there.
- Put 5% of your investment portfolio in cryto-currency.
- Real Estate
- Buy Tax Lein Properties.
- Look into Detroit and Baltimore for investment property.
- Invest in yourself first:
- Developing a good relationship with your finances
- Financial Education
- Monetize on things you enjoy
- Multiple Streams of income
- When evaluating multiple streams of income, perfect the first, before moving on to the second.
- Making your streams of income relatable
- I.e. Public speaking engagements, books, consulting.
- Daily Spiritual Practices
- Set aside time daily for personal devotion.
- Set aside time daily for family devotion.
- Time Management:
- Set Priorities
- Create to-do list
- Set a strict schedule
- Pivot in moments of failure and self-doubt.
- Recognize that you are your biggest critc.
- Speak positive affirmations to combat the self-doubt.
- Realize that success is defined by how you fulfill your purpose.
- “It takes a tribe to launch a successful business” – Christina
- Surround yourself with people who are ahead of you in business and/or faith to pour into your life.
- Allow every situation to grow your faith.
- Refill your cup – Self Care
- Taking daily & weekly time for self to quiet the noise, shut-down, and unplug.
- Therapy is an important part of self-care
- God can’t use you if you’re empty
- Be careful not to become addicted to busy!
- You can’t be everything to everybody.
- Analyze life and lean-in to what needs your attention and what can wait.
- Evaluate if it’s the time or season for this endeavor.
- Say yes to important
- “If you’re always doing, we’re not growing.” – Aventar Gray
Hustlers – (Karen Civil, Karleen Roy, Angel White, Necole Kane, Tahirah Joy, Cesily)
- Handling Rejection:
- Why did we receive this no? Is this an opportunity to re-direct or go harder?
- When you start feeling uncomfortable in business, it’s time to evaluate your presence in this space.
- Monetize without overshadowing passion
- Creating goals for every networking event
- “Don’t chase the check, chase the relationship!” – Karleen Roy
- In your 20’s, success is doing what brings you a check.
- In your 30’s success is doing what brings you peace.
- Strengths / Weaknesses
- Doing an accurate evaluation of your strengths and weaknesses. Get a clear understanding of things that bring you joy and move forward in that space.
- Outsource things that are not a strength and focus your energy on things that make you happy.
Family Business – (McBride Sisters)
- Theme: Dreaming and Driving
- Have Unapologetic tenacity: Never apologize for your passion or intelligence
- Biggest Challenges:
- No Money
- No Experience
- The Journey
- Started as a wine import company
- Hit the grown running and went from a wine import company to a wine company in 4 years.
- Key – Created strategic relationships with large wine companies as mentors and partners and realigned once partnerships were no longer viable.
- It’s important to have mentors and experts around to guide you.
Health & Wellness
- Heart Disease is killing women
- 80% of heart disease cases are preventable or reversible.
- 8 out of 10 women suffer from fibroids
- Fibroids are treatable and a hysterectomy should NOT be the option to treat fibroids.
- Therapy is IMPORTANT
- Therapy helps you learn yourself.
- Vulnerability is a strength.
- Sharing your highlight wheel is not the most important thing when sharing your journey, being vulnerable and sharing the obstacles are what help other people overcome their obstacles.
Fearless Reunion – (Michelle Williams, Keisha Knight Pulliam, Meagan Good)
- Consistent Self-Care Practice
- Be Present
- “Keep your power and not taking ownership of others opinions of you.” – KKP
- Enjoy the Journey
- Be aware that you’re in the process
- Be Patient
- Work hard until you manifest your dreams into reality.
- Work to combat imposter syndrome
- Everything we go through is a vessel to get to the present.
- Share your journey with others.
- What would you tell your younger self?
- It’s ok to have standards. – MW
- You teach people how to treat you by the way you treat yourself. – KKP
- You’re AMAZING and UNSTOPPABLE. There is nothing you can’t accomplish. – KKP
- You’re worthy. – MG
- Relinquish the vision of how you thought things were supposed to go and embrace the way things are.
Guest Speaker/ Keynote – Devon Franklin
- Key Takeaways from this Talk
- Success = Peace
- God is the only one who can direct your story.
- Make your fears your to-do list.
- Keep your intentions pure.
- Problems are an opportunity for reward.
- Always serve others.
- Owning your differences and be you you’re supposed to be.
- We’re all given talent and time:
- Disengage with people who waste your time
- Time is like good seed, it produces something.
Day 3 – Fearless Brunch
- Key Takeaways from this Talk
- You can have it all!!
- You need to define what having it all is for you.
- Success is not defined by money, but freedom and flexibility. -Monique Rodriquez (Mielle Organics)
- Don’t think of trying to balance everything in your life, but how do you integrate everything in your life!
- Parenthood: your presence is not important, you being present in their life is important.
- Ruthless prioritization is important and designating time for certain things.
- Surround yourself with people who are strong where you’re weak. To give you support where you need it.
- Speak words of encouragement and appreciation to your partner.
- Communicate with your partner what you’re thinking and how you feel.
- Success is not Owned it’s rented, and rent is due every day. – quote Monique Rodriquez
- Don’t compare your chapter 1 to someone’s chapter 300. – Monique Rodriquez
- In our lack, God is more than enough.
- Stop serving from your fumes, serve from your over flow. – Nikki
- Peace is the new success.